Having skin care or facial issues could be so daunting and if you’re a product junkie like I am, I bet you must have tried a million products for your skin especially your facial skin and if you’re in my age range you should just be recovering from acne and all that puberty mess.
So, I’ve gone far and wide to search for facial skincare hacks that are affordable and magical in effect all at the same time.
These skincare hacks have helped me and I have no doubt that they will help you too.
1. Clean your cell phone regularly
I know it wasn’t what you expected.
But think about it, each time you pick a call or make a call you have that screen on your face, all those germs and dirty things going directly on your skin and what you never pay attention to is a major cause of facial skin issues.
Even if you’re on some major routine and you’re doing a top hygiene work on your face and you neglect this… It’s all to null.
So make sure you keep that phone screen clean at all times, once this is done and hygiene is king, we can be sure to defeat any facial skin care issues.
On to the next hack!
2. The cold things in the fridge
Sounds odd? I know 🙂
I’m talking about ice cubes, cold spoons, cold metal in general. Coldness helps to diminish a lot of facial issues as it constricts the blood vessels thereby reducing inflammation.
What am I talking about?
If you have acne, take an ice cube made out of the clean water then rub it directly on the pimple for a couple of minutes and thank me later.
Try rubbing a cold metal on your face in an upward circular motion (I’d prefer to use an ice cube), apart from the soothing effect, it also tightens up the skin and makes you look a lot younger than you already are, this is a major anti-aging tip.
3. Steam massage
This is the go-to way to relax after a long day but that’s not why you’re here. You’re here for skin hacks. So, how does this work?
- Get a steam source, preferably a steaming machine or steam from hot water, anyone you can find. Then place your face above it. Mind you, you shouldn’t have make-up on.
- After steaming your face for a couple of minutes, use your finger to tap your face in a circular upward motion starting from the forehead, you could also try the Yoga Forehead wrinkle remover. You do this by making a fist, you then place both fists in the middle of the forehead and then spread out to the ears.
- Exfoliate with a wash clothe in hot water in an upward moving circular stroke.
This particular practice is flexible as you could use other products after steaming your face. It helps to increase circulation thereby opening facial pres for removal of dirt and effective functioning of products used. It is also a major anti-aging hack.
4. The Cucumber sheet mask
This is an effective and inexpensive facial hack that would pass for a sheet mask.
How to go about it;
- Cut a few slices of cucumber into a bowl. Mash it till the juice is out.
- Take a few facial tissues, dip in the bowl of mashed cucumbers and let it soak.
- Apply the soaked facial tissues and let them stick to the face. Cover all areas of the face and let them sit for about 20-35 minutes
- After 20-35 minutes, remove the facial tissues then rinse your face.
This helps to hydrate the face as it also keeps the face fresh and soft all day.
5. The Turmeric mask
This is an effective way to clear blackheads and make the facial skin look clearer and finer and younger. So what do you need to make a turmeric mask?
- Turmeric (of course)
- Tea tree oil
Steps to make turmeric facial mask:
- Get a bowl.
- Add some turmeric, yogurt, lemon, honey and about a drop of tea tree oil. Mix well till you have a fine yellow paste.
- Apply this paste all over the face.
- Let it dry. This takes about 15-20 minutes
- Rinse your face.
And voila, you have a clearer skin. This can be done twice or thrice a week. Note: Do not leave mask overnight.
6. Apply sunscreen a lot
When I say apply sunscreen a lot, I mean apply a heck lot of sunscreen like a whooole lot of sunscreen and of course very frequently like every now and then.
What does sunscreen do?
Sunscreens are products combining several ingredients that help prevent the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation from reaching the skin. Two types of ultraviolet radiation, UVA and UVB, damage the skin, age it prematurely, and increase your risk of skin cancer.
Why do you need a whole heck of it frequently?
The sun emits harmful UV rays year-round. Even on cloudy days, up to 80 percent of the sun’s harmful UV rays can penetrate your skin. Snow, sand, and water increase the need for sunscreen because they reflect the sun’s rays. …
Apply enough sunscreen to cover all exposed skin.
Do you know that even when you’re indoors you could still be exposed to UV-rays if you sit next to the windows? Sunscreens only last a few hours so therefore, it should be applied at least every to hours.
This practice helps for anti-aging and also helps to keep skin fresher and hydrated as it also helps to prevent sunburn and skin cancer.
Leave a comment below if you know about other hacks you think we should share and also follow us on Instagram @thrivengr for more beauty hacks.
Also make sure to click here to see major makeup deals on Jumia, Hurry… They’re selling fast 🙂