I’m especially excited about this particular recipe. Why?
It’s the first we’re putting out from the Thrive Nigeria Kitchen, and we’ve been planning it for so long. Ladies and gentlemen, today we bring to you Beef and Shrimp Stir fry with spaghetti.
Stir frying is a cooking technique whose origin is from China. Stir frying is a cooking technique where the vegetables and other ingredients are fried in a small amount of hot oil.
We bring you our own Nigerian beef stir fry, this one has plantain in it and it’s also contains healthy (all those vegetables). I think that’s why i’m excited.
Beef is our choice of protein for this recipe, you could use chicken also, whatever bursts your bubble 🙂
Why should you try this Beef Shrimp Spaghetti recipe?
You should definitely try this recipe if you do not have to spend the whole day cooking.
Its pretty fast to prepare, tastes totally amazing, it’s healthy (contains many vegetables endowed with antioxidants which are known for anti aging and also for the prevention of cancer among many other health benefits).
Check out the exact steps below to make yours.
The beef and shrimp stir fry is a must try. Considering all that healthy deliciousness, this is a perfect go to recipe anytime any day.
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Green Ball Pepper Big
- 2 Red Ball Pepper Big
- 3 Cameroon Pepper
- 4 fingers Carrot
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1/2 cup Runner beans
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger Diced
- 1 tbsp Currry
- 1/2 tbsp Thyme
- To taste Salt
- 2 cubes Seasoning Cube
- 2 leaves Bay leaf
- 1/2 cup Shrimps medium sized
- 500gms Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Slice the beef into long and medium sized strips. Marinade the beef by adding 1 tablespoon of corn flour, sprinkle 2 crumbled dry bay leaf, 1 seasoning cube, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1/2 tablespoon of curry, 1/4 tablespoon of thyme and salt to taste. Mix rigorously and leave to marinade in the refrigerator for a while.
- Slice the carrot, runner beans, green ball pepper, red ball pepper, Cameroon pepper and plantain into thin long strips. Cut onion into ring shapes. Fry the plantain till its slightly brown.
- Boil the green peas for a few minutes to soften then fry the marinated beef in hot oil till its slightly brown.
- Take a non-stick fry pan or wok, add some vegetable oil, add your crushed garlic and diced ginger. Fry until fragrant. Add the onion and fry till caramelized. Add the sliced carrot, add runner beans. Make sure you stir the mix well. Add green ball pepper, red ball pepper and the Cameroon pepper, then the beef. Add the shrimps.
- Add the green peas next. You have to be fast because you're working with hot oil. So next up, you had the fried plantain and the spring onion.
- Stir well and add some salt, garlic powder and seasoning cube to your taste.
- Boil the spaghetti. I like to add some oil. Add salt to taste and voila.... Food is ready!!!
Make sure to add a dash of more pepper to bring taste to life. Pay close attention to your spaghetti when boiling.
Do leave your thoughts on this beef, shrimp stir-fry and spaghetti below using the comment form and do not forget to share with your friends on social media.